Inaugural Gold Coast Tourism Week announced
Gold Coast will celebrate the city-wide impact of the tourism sector during a specially dedicated week in July.
Destination Gold Coast CEO Martin Winter said the inaugural Gold Coast Tourism Week would run July 1 to July 7 and bring to the fore the powerful role the sector plays in the city’s economy.
“Tourism represents 17% of the city’s economy and supports directly and indirectly some 46,000 jobs,” Mr Winter said.
“Almost every part of the city is touched by tourism in some way and this special week-long focus aims to embrace the significance of the sector to the businesses and residents of this city, economically, culturally, socially and certainly historically.”
Gold Coast Tourism Week will thread together a series of events that showcase the best of the sector and its impact across the city and beyond.
“We have deliberately chosen this week of the year because it is immediately preceded by two major events on the weekend, being the 40th anniversary of the Gold Coast Marathon and the first time the city will host the Logies,” Mr Winter said.
The week is led and co-ordinated by Destination Gold Coast with support from other partners including Women In Tourism, SKAL Southern Gold Coast, Tourism Australia, Tourism and Events Queensland, City of Gold Coast, Gold Coast Media Club, Office of Small Business and The Travel Bootcamp.
For the full Gold Coast Tourism Week program go to: DestinationGoldCoast.com/TourismWeek
- Wild Skies takes flight at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary - December 14, 2018
- A New Era of Entertainment is born at Australian Outback Spectacular - December 12, 2018
- Finding grace through self-discovery and surfing - December 10, 2018
- Entries open for Gold Coast Marathon - December 8, 2018
- Christmas comes to Movie World - December 6, 2018
- Glamping comes to Cabarita Beach - December 5, 2018
- Sky Voyager is Preparing for Take-Off at Dreamworld - November 2, 2018
- Gold Coast voted Australia’s family-friendly capital - November 2, 2018
- Parkrun comes to the Gold Coast - October 13, 2018
- Virgin Australia adds Perth-Gold Coast service over Christmas - September 19, 2018