How to book your dinner reservation during the Comm Games boom
Tonight’s official launch of the 2018 Commonwealth Games will bring an estimated 672,000 visitors to the Gold Coast, hungry visitors who will soon flood the restaurants and cafes in the area.
Restaurant & Catering Australia (R&CA) CEO Juliana Payne said that the large influx of visitors to the Gold Coast region for the Commonwealth Games should result in a significant increase in takings for local café and restaurant businesses over the next fortnight.
“As is the case with all large events, hospitality businesses across the Gold Coast are preparing themselves for what is expected to be a bumper trade over the course of the Games.
“Naturally, café and restaurant owners are excited about the prospect of a significant increase in takings, with a total visitor spend of $320 million expected during the Games.”
“We’d certainly encourage all visitors to this year’s Games to visit as many of the local Gold Coast restaurants and cafés as they can during their stay,” Ms Payne said.
And while it is fantastic that the world gets to taste what the Gold Coast is all about, this means for the locals that are use to rocking up to their favourite place to eat may be disappointed with the wait times and queues.
One of the best ways to ensure you don’t miss out on getting a table on the night is to use the app of website, OpenTable.
The booking program for dinning taps into more than 1,600 restaurants in Australia and more than 45,000 restaurants around the globe.
OpenTable has seated more than 8.8 million diners in Australia since it first launched in Australia in December 2015.
Both the app and website are easy to use and offer not only a booking engine for convenience and ease, but there is also a suggestion of restaurants which feature reviews, so you really can’t go wrong.
To ensure you don’t miss getting a table on the Gold Coast while the Commonwealth Games are on, visit www.opentable.com.au or download the app to your phone for even more convenient use.
- The Cuban Carnival Party kicks off every Friday - August 13, 2018
- Fly Gold Coast-Hobart direct with Tigerair - August 9, 2018
- Sunscreen that saves the ocean - July 13, 2018
- The Best of Broadbeach with Miss Universe Australia, Laura Dundovic and #AVANIME - June 1, 2018
- Gold Coast to host 2020 Global Wave Conference - April 25, 2018
- Gold Coast to feature its own MONOPOLY board - April 19, 2018
- How to book your dinner reservation during the Comm Games boom - April 4, 2018
- 5 ways to immerse yourself in the GC surf culture - April 3, 2018
- Surf the Gold Coast North to South - April 1, 2018
- Endless Summers - April 1, 2018