6 spots for sundowners on the Gold Coast
How good is a sun downer when on holidays, especially when you are in a beach side location.
You have arrived where some of the best beaches in Australia stretch along for miles at the Gold Coast in Queensland. The weather is warm, the atmosphere is chilled. So where is the best place to grab a drink and watch that golden ball of light dip down for sunset?
We checked out some the the best drinking holes along the coast to discover which offer the best view for sunset.
Recently opened, Nineteen at the Star has the most epic views up and down the coastline, making it perfect for the ultimate, luxe sundowner. Located on the top of the recently opened Darling, this bar is the place to be seen. The pool deck offers the chance to get a crew together and book a designated area. Cocktails start from $20 and include some exclusive mixes like the Chilli & Coconut Martini.
- Fishos, Main Beach
Drinks at Fishos are served up with sunset views of the Broadwater and DJs in the Fishbowl lounge from 4pm.
- Helm Bar, Surfers Paradise
At Helm Bar your drinks and cocktails come with a side of sunset views of the Nerang River and Chevron Island. It offers just a different view from the beach, but still spectacular.
- Coolangatta Hotel
A much more relaxed atmosphere with some serious beach vibes, the views across the park to the beach at Coolangatta will give you a sundowner with spectacular views.
The Gold Coast’s highest-altitude lounge bar offers 360-degree views across the whole of the Gold Coast, 77 levels up, creating one of the most unique places in which to enjoy a cocktail while watching the sun go down. The signature cocktail is aptly titled Mile High, and consists of absolut mandarin vodka, gold passion alize, passion fruit pulp and ruby red grapefruit, matching the reds and oranges of a sunset. Cocktails are $19 each. Tickets to Skypoint are $21 per adult per visit, or $29 for an annual pass. Smart dress applies.
- Pointbreak Bar & Grill
Pointbreak Bar & Grill at Burleigh Heads is located on the renowned Burleigh Headlands and offers pristine 180-degree views extending across the Surfers Paradise skyline up to the Moreton Islands. With an oceanfront balcony, Pointbreak is the perfect perch for a sundowner, with an array of cocktails on offer including the Burleigh Barrel, made of malibu rum, midori, peach schnapps, orange juice and fresh lemon. Cocktails start from $12.50.
- Wild Skies takes flight at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary - December 14, 2018
- A New Era of Entertainment is born at Australian Outback Spectacular - December 12, 2018
- Finding grace through self-discovery and surfing - December 10, 2018
- Entries open for Gold Coast Marathon - December 8, 2018
- Christmas comes to Movie World - December 6, 2018
- Glamping comes to Cabarita Beach - December 5, 2018
- Sky Voyager is Preparing for Take-Off at Dreamworld - November 2, 2018
- Gold Coast voted Australia’s family-friendly capital - November 2, 2018
- Parkrun comes to the Gold Coast - October 13, 2018
- Virgin Australia adds Perth-Gold Coast service over Christmas - September 19, 2018