Scoot adds more Gold Coast – Singapore flights
There has never been a better time for a getaway now Scoot will fly it’s Singapore to Gold Coast service five times per week.
The increase in service from April 2018 will attract almost 19,000 extra passengers over the next 12 months.
Tourism Industry Development Minister Kate Jones said “Singapore is an important international gateway for Queensland.”
“We look forward to continuing to promote Queensland as a premier holiday destination in Singapore, while also opening up access from other key markets connecting through this important international hub including the UK, India and China.”
“It is another vote of confidence in Queensland’s tourism industry and travellers will be able to enjoy the region’s outstanding natural beauty, from our world-famous beaches to our lush sub-tropical rainforests, as well as award-winning restaurants, warm local hospitality and, for thrill-seekers, our award-winning theme parks.”
Scoot Country Manager Australia Jared Simcox said Gold Coast-Singapore flights had been expanded because of the popularity of the Gold Coast as a destination.
“The existing service has been doing well and passenger numbers continue to grow. From the time that people wake up and look at the window to get their first views of the Gold Coast, they have a smile on their face,” said Mr Simcox.
Gold Coast Tourism CEO Martin Winter congratulated Scoot on adding the extra service, which would directly benefit the visitor economy of the Gold Coast.
“Our partnership with Scoot was their first globally and has since delivered great results for both parties,” Mr Winter said.
“We currently welcome more than 30,000 visitors a year from Singapore to the Gold Coast and this will only increase with the expanded capacity.”
“As a hub for travellers throughout Asia, the Singapore-direct service is also of major importance to us, and as markets mature, will bring travellers from throughout the region.”
To book your getaway to Singapore and beyond with Scoot visit www.flyscoot.com
- The Cuban Carnival Party kicks off every Friday - August 13, 2018
- Fly Gold Coast-Hobart direct with Tigerair - August 9, 2018
- Sunscreen that saves the ocean - July 13, 2018
- The Best of Broadbeach with Miss Universe Australia, Laura Dundovic and #AVANIME - June 1, 2018
- Gold Coast to host 2020 Global Wave Conference - April 25, 2018
- Gold Coast to feature its own MONOPOLY board - April 19, 2018
- How to book your dinner reservation during the Comm Games boom - April 4, 2018
- 5 ways to immerse yourself in the GC surf culture - April 3, 2018
- Surf the Gold Coast North to South - April 1, 2018
- Endless Summers - April 1, 2018